Angels: Spiritual forces of good
Our objective in this teaching is to understand the origin, attributes, activity, classification, and organization of angels as well as their ministry in spiritual warfare.. Learn more
What Or Who Are Angels
1. Angels are ministering spirits sent by God to do His will: Heb.1:13-14
2. Angel are created by God. Col.1:16; Ps.148:2,5
3. Man was created a little lower than angels Ps.8:5
In What Way Was Man Made Lower Than Angels?
a. It could not have been mans' spirit because that was made in the image of God. Gen.1:27
b. It must be in the composition of Man's body because man's body was made from dust. Gen.2:7
c. While angelic body was made from precious stones. How do we know that? Because Lucifer’s body was made from precious stones. Ezek.28:13-15
d. If Lucifer's body was made from precious stones, it follows that other angelic bodies were also made from precious stones. Maybe one of the differences in the ranking of angels is in the composition of the precious stones used to make their bodies. 1Cor.15:39-40
4. Angels have been organized by God in a special order. Col.1:16;
5. There are multitudes of angels who are apparently classified according to the duties they perform. Lk.2:13-14
Classification Of Angels
1. Messengers: This class of angels is most likely the largest in number. They are the ones who run errands and carry out the will of God in Heaven and earth. This is the group that usually relates to the believer in terms of spiritual warfare. They interpret God's will, protect, provide guidance, bring answers to prayer, announce, warn, instruct, bring judgment, encourage, sustain, deliver, and intervene on behalf of believers. Dan.7:10
2. Elect Angels; Only one reference is made to elect angels in ITim.5:21. There is no further information given about this group
3. Cherubim: These are warring or guardian angels that cover or guard the throne of God.
a. They guarded the garden of Eden when Adam was thrown out. Gen.3:24
b. They are the angels depicted as covering the mercy seat in the ark of the covenant. Ex.25:18-20
c. Ezekiel describes some of them as having four appearances; the face of a lion, the face of an ox, the face of a man, and the face of an eagle. Ezek.1:10; 10:14-15
d. John saw them surrounding the Throne and leading worship. Rev.4:6-8
4. Living Creatures: These are a special group of cherubim who have strange faces. They each seem to have different configurations of faces. Ezek.10:14-15; 10:20
5. Seraphim. These are worship angels. Their position is above the throne of God in contrast to the position of Cherubim who surround His throne. The duty of these angels seems to be to lead Heaven in the worship of God. Isa.6:2-3
6. Individual Angels. There 2 individual angels mentioned by name in scripture.
a. Michael; Michael the archangel is mentioned by name in Dan.10:13,21; 12:1; Jude 9; and Rev.12:7. He is the only angel who is called an archangel. He has charge over an army of angels in Rev.12:7 and is said to be the prince of the people of Israel in Dan.10:13,21; 12:1.
b. GABRIEL; Gabriel is mentioned in Dan.8:16; 9:21; and in Lk.1:19,26. He is always used to deliver important messages from God. It is Gabriel who interpreted the vision for Daniel in 8:16; 9:21 and who announced the birth of John and Jesus Lk.1:19,26.
7. Special Groups Of Angels
a. Angels of the seven churches; Rev.1:20
b. Four angels who control the winds: Rev. 7:1
c. Seven angels who stand before God: Rev.8:2
d. Seven angels who administer the seven last plagues: Rev.15:1
e. Twenty-four elders (these may be angelic beings): Rev.4:4
Other Names Angels Are Called In The Bible
1. Watchers. Dan.4:17
2. Sons of the mighty. Ps.89:6.
3. Sons of God. Gen.6:1-4; Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7
4. Congregation of the Mighty. Ps.82:1;
5. Saints. Ps.89:7;
6. Hosts. Ps.33:6; 103:21; Lk.2:13;
7. Spirits. Heb.1:14; Ps.104:4
8. The Elect. 1Tim.5:21
Lift up your hands and give God thanks for what you have received.
Lord Jesus, I am a sinner and I need you to save me. I believe you died for me and rose on the third day that I may be justified. Today I confess and repent of all my sins; I forsake them; forgive me Lord Jesus; come into my heart Lord Jesus; be my Lord and savior; from today I promise to serve you in the name of Jesus.
Father in the name of Jesus, thank you for the angelic host you have made available to minister unto us as heirs of salvation; today we make a demand on the ministry of angels for our protection, our preservation, our healing, our deliverance, our provision, to fight our battles, to bring in the harvests of souls, to draw multitudes to this church and the kingdom in the name of Jesus. Heb.1:13-14; Ps.34:7
Now Pray for yourself. For your specific need. For your expectation this month and this year. Php.4:6
7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened
1. As the Lord lives, You shall not be ashamed because those that are with you are much more than those against you;
2. you shall not be afraid, because as the mountains surround Jerusalem so the Lord encamps around you and yours; the Lord shall be a wall of fire unto you and yours in the name of Jesus.
3. You shall not stumble because He has given his angels charge over you to keep you in all your ways, they shall bear you up in their hands so that you do not dash your foot against a stone;
4. you shall not be helpless because He has made His angels ministering spirits unto you; and as the angel prepared food for Elijah for his journey even so angels have been dispatched on assignment to secure all your supplies for the next phase of your journey in the mighty name of Jesus!
5. Angelic encounters shall be common in your life from today in the name of Jesus Ps.91:11-12; 34:7; 1kgs.19:4-8;